Following separation there is often a financial imbalance between the parties involved.

Spousal/partner maintenance will be ordered where one party can establish that they are unable to meet his or her own reasonable needs and the other party has the financial capacity to pay.

Spousal/partner maintenance can be met from income or borrowing against capital, if the applicant satisfies the Family Court of their reasonable need.

At Klimek & Wijay we can provide legal advice in regards to spousal/partner maintenance and can help you restore the power imbalance by ensuring that your reasonable needs are met through the payment of spousal/partner maintenance.

To find out more about spousal/partner maintenance, contact our team today.